Thursday, April 30, 2009

"But don't take my word for it..."

You remember that from "Reading Rainbow?" When Lavar Burton would have the kids tell you bout the books they read? Well, I've talked a lot about all the great aspects of Taiwanese life. Undoubtedly, though, my students are one of the best things about my life here. Last week, I gave a few of my more advanced students 2-minutes to respond to a series of prompts. here is a sample of what they came up with. I hope their awesomeness shines thru in their writings. But don't take my word for it...

"Teacher Brett is the best because..."

Because he is very handsome and kind. All students close with him. He always tolerates our bad manners. All of we are very like him.
Students Sara,Joyce,Gary

Teacher Brett is the best because he is pay attention to teach English He learn Chinese try his best So we are feel touch and warm
We are Lisa and Janet


“I want to go to America because…”

Because America is very beautiful and American are very friendly America food is yummy.
吳文琁

I want to go to America because… Because Most of the actresses and actors are beautiful and handsome. The culture in America is different from the culture in Taiwan. The sceneries in there is beautiful.
Students Sara,Joyce,Gary

Because America is so Beautiful and there people so open America has handsome boy and beautiful girl I want get marry with American-/-Ha Ha Ha
We are Lisa and Janet

“Taiwan is the best place in the world because…”

Taiwan has good moutian good river. The people are nice in Taiwan Taiwan has dumplings Many snacks are very delicious.
we are Emily &Gina.


Taiwan person are very friendly There food yummy And has beautiful nature
Leo

Because …Taiwanese is very nice and honest Taiwan food is very special
羅雅芳

Because Taiwanese is friendly. All of the Taiwanese have enthusiasm.
Students Sara,Joyce,Gary

“My favorite class in school is…”

Chinese Because… Chinese teacher is good and the class is so fun. She always uses her magic to conquer our heart. Let’s pay attention in her class.
Students Sara,Joyce,Gary

English Because Brett and 宇婷 are Nice and Great teacher Teacher Brett pay attention to learn Chinese though he live Taiwan only one year Teacher 宇婷 teach is so good
We are Lisa and Janet

Social studies Because teacher is good and fun. The picture is fun in book.
We are Emily & Gina.

And here are some pictures of my students from a recent English competition. I helped coach the seventh-grade.






No comments: